We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on. – Amy Marie Walz
A friendship can end for many reasons. A friend may move to a different place for study, work etc.. Or there might be a problem between friends that causes a misunderstanding or the difference of opinion and the friendship could break because of this. The former is called a lost friendship while the latter is the case of a broken friendship. Lost or broken – it is really heartbreaking to deal with a missing friend.
Here is a list of things one can do to deal with the loss of a broken friendship:
1. If it is a loss friendship, then it is not a big deal. With the availability of so much technology around it is easy to keep in touch with a lost friend. You can try finding the details of your lost friend. You can schedule meetings once in a while.
2. If it is a broken friendship and if you have decided to break it see if you could do anything about it. Can you do anything to fix it? Can you repair it? If it was an argument that led to the break-up, look into what you can do for making it up.
3. If things are so bitter that you really don’t want to get back, then just get rid of all those things that remind you of the friend. That’s all you could do about the relationship. If things become fine, maybe you could do something about the friendship.
4. If your friend is not willing to get back, but you have made all possible measures, then it is your friend’s loss and it is his/her problem. You don’t have to do anything about it. Since you can’t do anything about it, just forget about it totally.
5. If you feel bad about the friendship break up, find something else to get things off your mind.
6. Socialize and find new friends. Share your situation with them or any other friends you already have and tell them about your break up. They can help you cheer up.
7. Find things that could fill the gap, you can indulge in any fun activity. Activities change your mind and relax you totally from the feeling of a break-up with your friend.
8. Time heals almost everything. Give your broken friendship some time to heal. Do not expect things to get back on straight road instantly.
The list is incomplete isn’t? What have you got?